Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Captain America Costume Revealed




Some concept art hit the rounds on movie sites earlier today showing off Captain America's costume in the upcoming Joe Johnston film adaptation. I thought I'd drop a few opinions on the suit really quick.

I never really thought how hard it was going to be to get Captain America to work on film... but then I remembered how bad the original 1990's Captain America movie was (hint: really, really bad). Captain is just a character that's so blatantly pro-America and patriotic that it's hard to get him to work on film and not seem silly.

So, with all that in mind, the new suit does seem like a nice compromise. Sure, I was pretty heart broken and kind of shocked when I saw that they got rid of the wings on the side of his head but... I dunno... as the day has gone on, the costume has been growing on me. It feels as realistic as a Captain America costume could feel on film I think.



Still, with that said, I don't have the highest hopes for this film. I'm not completely sold on Chris Evans as Captain yet (though he was great in Sunshine). Also, I feel like Joe Johnston has never really made a good movie (expect for maybe The Rocketeer). Lastly, Marvel's been kind of pissing me off lately with their interweaving of characters to add up to The Avengers movie. It was cool at the end of Iron Man but now that it's being worked into the actual plots of the films (see the muddled Iron Man 2) it's annoying and hurting the actual films at hand.

So... not exactly hopeful yet. But the design is intriguing.

Source: JoBlo

0 comments: