Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Big Fan Trailer Makes Me Happy



The trailer for Big Fan was released yesterday and I'm pretty excited about it.

I've decided to keep this post short so I'll just list you a couple of reasons why I'm excited about this movie:

- Patton Oswalt doing drama


- It's written and directed by Robert Siegel, the writer of The Wrestler (which I gave a 10/10)

- The Taxi Driver-like vibe of the protagonist

- The incredibly underrated Michael Rapaport is in it

- It's supposed to be pretty messed up

- It looks better than most of the crap being churned out today

So yeah, I'm in.

3 comments:

caleb said...

yes! i love messed up stuff!

Wesley said...

Hahaha, I totally set you up for that. I'm glad you took it.

Anonymous said...

All I see is a rat running around... Kidding (sort of).

This looks good. The premise is similar to The Wrestler in that someone continues to love something that refuses to love them back (and even abuses them), while the most important people in their life yell for their attention from the sidelines.

I've been there, done that, and am becoming increasingly surprised at how much more real movies become the longer I live: there's more to relate to, which is a double edged sword: it's good that I'm not alone, but it would be a better world if I were.