Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Welcome to YDKS Monster Fest 2009

Hey everyone and welcome to YDKS Monster Fest 2009.


For those who don't know me, I absolutely love the month of October. This is because this month hosts my favorite holiday of all-time: Halloween. It also gives me an excuse (as if I really needed one) to eat crap loads of candy and watch horror films on pretty much a daily basis (and yes, I do have a soft spot for horror; no secret there).

During last year's Monster Fest, I did a countdown of the best Halloween-themed movies and television shows, a massive countdown of the 25 Greatest Horror movies ever made (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5), special Monster Fest reviews (here's one I did of Ed Wood for example) and daily Monster Fest videos showcasing some of my favorite horror movie moments.

Unfortunately, this year I do not have as much time on my hands that I obviously had last October. So this year things are going to be a little bit different. Instead of doing daily Monster Fest videos, I'm just going to have a Monster Fest-themed Speech of Week per week. As for a big countdown, I have a special one this year. I will be counting down what I consider the scariest scenes in movie history. I'm really looking forward to this one.

There may also be some other surprises during the month so look out for them. And thanks for helping us celebrate Monster Fest here on YDKS Movies.

2 comments:

Ellis said...

Haha, I need another one of my speech of the week recommendations to make it to the blog. I'll get to thinking.

becca. said...

wesley. i can't flipping wait!!