Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wes Anderson + Stop Animation = A Hipster's Wet Dream

The second trailer for Wes Anderson's stop animation film The Fantastic Mr. Fox (based on the children's book by Ronald Dahl) was released earlier today. All the news regarding this movie hasn't really caught my interest in the past but I think that this trailer is pretty wonderful.


First off, the animation has a very retro feel to it. Because of this, it feels much different than all the animated movies that are on the market right now. Second, it's an stop animation version of a Wes Anderson movie with foxes. That's pretty cool on its own. I mean, just think about that notion for a few minutes. Yeah, pretty cool, right?

The trailer is pretty solid, showcasing cool stop animation, a quirky Wes Anderson film feel (I loved the ending with the diagram of the baseball game with Owen Wilson's narration) and even features "Street Fighting Man" by The Rolling Stones.

Somewhere, a hipster is crying in joy. Heck, I'm not even a hipster and I'm genuinely looking forward to this film now.

Watch the trailer below.

3 comments:

Ellis said...

I saw the trailer for this when I went to see "Whip It" (a good movie, by the way). This looks absolutely stunning. Thanksgiving needs to hurry.

becca. said...

this looks like fun.

Minda said...

I'm a big fan of Wes Anderson, and there is a den in my heart where a fox resides. It wasn't until I saw this trailer, though, that I knew he wore his suits just a little small. I love it. I can't wait to see it.