Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Recent DVD Views

I have watched some movies that have recently been released on DVD and just thought I would write a little about them.

Michael Clayton - A bunch of high profile Hollywood forces got together, had sex, and 9 months later we get this infantile movie that is well acted, but has boring, redundant subject matter. If you get your jollies watching grown men pat themselves on the back, this is the movie for you.

American Gangster - I only watched the Theatrical Cut, and it was good for what it was. Denzel is solid, Russell is good, and Ruby Dee is old.

The Darjeeling Limited - I am wholeheartedly in love with this movie. And watching the short film first, which to my delight is included on the DVD, makes the movie that much more fun. Despite what the critics say, this is not just one for Wes Anderson fans. It is a great movie. And on a side note, I watched Bottle Rocket last weekend, and that was great too.

0 comments: