Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl Ads


So, wanna be movie fans. As most of you who have lives know, the Superbowl was last night. And you know what that means, Movie Trailers!
Now, the first movie trailer we saw, was for a little assassin movie called Wanted. Let me just say that, if you want to see this movie, you are a retard (Thomas). Don't go see this. I beg you. For my own personal faith in the human race.
The second trailer was for the awesome Iron Man. Going opposite on the same pattern, if you don't want to see this, you are a retard. Awesome trailer. Jon Favreau Directs, Peter Billingsly (Yep, that's Ralphie from A Christmas Story) Executive Produces, and Robert Downey Jr. stars. This movie is bound to kick the summer off the right way.
Next, Semi-Pro. Don't really know. Could go either way.
Next, Wall-E. Pixar can do no wrong.
Last, Jumper. See what I said about Wanted (Especially you Thomas, you need to read that at least 3 times).

Overall Analysis. Not good. And it is especially disappointing that more than one studio spent that kind of money on ads for terrible movies. I wish all of you fans would wise up and stop eating the force-fed crap that Hollywood gives you. Stop being a moron like our faithful reader above and go rent something good. You people piss me off.

2 comments:

Wesley said...

I think Iron Man looks fun and I do still really want to see it but that last part of the trailer had really terrible CGI in it. Hopefully, it is unfinished but I dunno, the whole set up of that scene just looked lame. But, I could be wrong. The first trailer was amazing (the flying stuff actually made me feel like a kid again), so this movie should turn out okay if it's anything like that.

The rest of the trailers didn't really interest me. I had heard that there was a possiblity of Universal putting up an Incredible Hulk trailer. I wish they had. I guess they were worried about getting the backlash they did for that superbowl ad for the first Hulk film. I was also kinda hoping for a Dark Knight ad, but with the whole Heath Ledger thing so fresh, I wasn't surprised.

Overall, the ads sucked. Good game though.

movie_fan225 said...

The Iron Man trailer does make the movie look semi-promising. But then again, so did the Spiderman 3 trailer.
As for Wanted... Maybe if we close our eyes and wish real hard, it'll just disappear. But no, it's just like the steamed spinach your parents fed you when you were a kid. No matter how hard you wish, it's inevitable that it'll still be there when you open your eyes.
Wall-E. Let's just hope this one doesn't turn out to be another film about global warming. We get it already, Al.
Sad times for movie-goers. Or at least those who aren't high or morons.