Saturday, April 25, 2009

H2 Teaser Trailer is Pretty Strange

The teaser trailer for Rob Zombie's Halloween remake sequel H2 was released a few days ago and I'm still not sure how I completely feel about it. I was one of the few people that liked Zombie's remake of Halloween. I realize the film was incredibly flawed and, at times, just bad. However, I enjoyed a lot of Zombie's directorial decisions and the fact that he made a valiant attempt to make a film that served as a remake and his own unique vision. I felt that he tried things that most remakes don't even get close to doing and I enjoyed that. 


When I heard that Zombie was making a sequel to this remake, I was pretty surprised and not exactly excited. I felt that a sequel would really damage the ending of the first film (which was one of my favorite aspects of it) and, to be honest, kind of ruin the purpose behind that movie. Still, I decided just to go with it and see what Zombie came up with.

From all reports (and watching the teaser trailer), H2 is looking to be a very different film. Michael Myers will be mask-less for most of the movie and, at one point, he will pick up a new mask as opposed to his classic blank, all-white mask. The other thing that is odd about this movie is that Zombie seems to be bringing in a supernatural element into the film. I cannot tell you how taken back I was when I saw Sherri Moon Zombie dressed up as this strange goth, white angel figure telling Michael to kill for her. I didn't see that coming at all. A lot of people are pretty pissed off about this aspect of the film right now but I'm sure Zombie was expecting that. He seems to be saying "F*ck the cannon" with this one and just doing whatever he wants with the film. This may or may not be a good thing. One thing is for sure: this will be a straight-up Rob Zombie film with no remake limitations. Yeah, the hospital setting from the original Halloween 2 is present but that seems to be it from that film. I don't know if it will all amount to a good movie. It could be a complete and utter train wreck. However, I have to say I'm interested to see what comes out of it. This trailer is bizarre but it left me very intrigued to say the least.

Watch the teaser trailer below.




Source: Trailer Addict

0 comments: