Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Jason's 2007 Movie Roundup

2007 is wrapped for movies, but I am so far behind that this post may present itself as meaningless. Still I will pursue the dream of covering all the movies of 2007. In my last post, I declared 2007 to be one of the worst movie years of recent memory. However, that did not stop the year from ending on a high note. Here are my updated lists for the year.


*Disclaimer: Maybe I should point out, that the movies in my Top Ten are not necessarily the greatest movies of 2007. They are simply my favorites and they are in order from least to greatest with the only weight being how much I loved them. They come from only the movies I have seen in 2007 and are not meant to be in any way related to anyone else's list. And as for Eastern Promises, just because a movie is well made, that does not make it a good movie.


Top Ten - 2007 (In Order from what I have seen.)


10. King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters


9. Hot Fuzz


8. The Bourne Ultimatum


7. Knocked Up


6. Juno


5. Grindhouse


4. Zodiac


3. Superbad


2. Ratatouille


1. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street



Honorable Mentions

  • Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
  • The Mist
  • Halloween (2007)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • Dan in Real Life
  • 3:10 to Yuma
  • Across the Universe
  • Sunshine
  • The Simpsons
  • Hot Rod
  • Evan Almighty
  • Live Free or Die Hard
  • I Am Legend
  • 28 Weeks Later
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
  • Bug
  • 300
  • The Host
  • Reign Over Me
  • TMNT
  • Blades of Glory

Worst of 2007

  • Transformers
  • Spider-Man 3
  • Beowulf
  • Hitman
  • The Heartbreak Kid
  • 30 Days of Night
  • AvP-R
  • Eastern Promises
  • The Game Plan
  • Rush Hour 3
  • Hostel: Part II
  • Waitress
  • The Ex
  • Shrek the Third
  • Fracture
  • The Condemned
  • Kickin' It Old School
  • Premonition
  • Hannibal Rising
  • The Number 23
  • Reno 911: Miami
  • Stomp the Yard
  • Catch and Release
  • Epic Movie

Movies to See

  • There Will Be Blood
  • No Country For Old Men (Saw it, but I need some time.)
  • The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
  • American Gangster
  • Southland Tales
  • Lars and the Real Girl
  • The Darjeeling Limited
  • Gone Baby Gone
  • Michael Clayton
  • The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
  • I'm Not There
  • Gracie is Gone
  • Youth Without Youth
  • Atonement
  • The Kite Runner
  • Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
  • Black Snake Moan
  • Color Me Kubric
  • Into the Wild
  • The Poughkeepsie Tapes
  • Rocket Science
  • The Kingdom
  • Hatchet
  • The Devil Came on Horseback
  • Once

0 comments: