Friday, March 20, 2009

Gobstopper Trailer is Pretty Brilliant


As far as I'm concerned, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was always a pretty terrifying movie. The scene where Willy Wonka takes everyone through that tunnel from hell still bothers me in ways I cannot explain. The Ompa-Loompas are creepy. There's just something about the movie that just feels off. 

Funny or Die seemed to tap into this fear that many people seem to have towards this film and made a fake trailer for a movie called Gobstopper. The basic premise is what would happen if Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was a straight-up horror film in the vein of Saw and Hostel. The result is pretty hilarious. I don't know how they got Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future) to be Willy Wonka but I'm glad they did. Also, the beginning of the trailer setting up the cliche horror movie teens was great. The "boners" kid was a great touch. That guy is always in horror movies these days.

Watch the fake trailer above. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Source: Funny or Die

0 comments: