Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Independent Film of the Week #5: New York City Portrait


This is an article series called Independent Film of the Week. In this series, I am going to showcase an independent film that I enjoy for all of you to discover. I have been watching a lot of these on Vimeo recently and it has really inspired me to make my own original films. Enjoy.

This week's film is called New York City Portrait by director Max Moos. Moos shot this film in April 2006 during a 3 week stay in New York City on a Canon 400D camera. The video is a time lapse film, showcasing many different beautiful aspects of the Big Apple. I've always really been fascinated with New York City so I really enjoyed this film. It really shows how it can be a really beautiful city despite all the poverty and crime that occurs in it. 

Watch the video above. Enjoy.

1 comments:

Jason said...

I love this column and this week's did not disappoint. The video is so simple, yet brilliant. But I do have a huge soft spot for NYC!