Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Re-Watching: Galaxy Quest (1999)


When I first saw Galaxy Quest upon its release a mere 10 years ago, I was too naive and lacking in my movie knowledge to understand the underlying brilliance of the film’s parody and adoration of all the sci-fi movies that came before it (chiefly Star Trek). A couple of days back, this gem was shown on TBS and I found myself fully engrossed in the cleverness of it all. In like manner, this film is outrageously hilarious with bright comedic performances from the entire cast, especially Alan Rickman, Sam Rockwell, and Enrico Colantoni as Mathesar. You also get to see Rainn Wilson in his first movie role as a Thermian Requisition Officer. Needless to say this movie is a must Re-Watch, and what better day to do so than on a slow DVD release Tuesday like today?

1 comments:

Wesley said...

Glad to see you posting again, Jason. I still haven't seen all of Galaxy Quest unfortunately. I've only seen a little bit on TV. But, from what I hear, it's pretty solid.