Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Speed Racer and TV Reviews


For all of the haters, and I mean all of the people who did not support Speed at the box office, shame on you. This movie was fantastic. But I guess selling creativity and ingenuity is a hard thing to sell nowadays. It was the same with The Fountain. No one likes the creative things that make you think and that is why Transformers was such a big hit. Speed Racer has it all, great graphics, awesome fun, and car kung fu. Admittedly it does get a little slow in the middle, but for the most part this movie was super cool, but no one cares. *Throws fit/pisses and moans in the process*

Scrubs Finale (Two Thursdays Ago) - Awesome! I love Scrubs and I also love the concept episodes. The one a couple of weeks ago "My Princess" was a total homage to the Princess Bride and numerous other fantasy projects from years past. Although I do think this one was a little weaker than Season 6's "My Musical" and Season 5's Wizard of OZ homage "My Way Home", but still a classic in the show that just cannot die! Cannot wait until season 7, and hopefully ABC will treat Scrubs better than NBC. (Also, crossing my fingers that ABC will make an announcement soon...getting a little nervous over here).


The Office Finale (Last Thursday) - Awesome! How can it not be awesome? From Creed forgetting what his job was to everyone in the audience just now realizing that Kevin acting like himself slightly resembles a retard. This episode was fantastic, but I was a little pissed off about another cliff hanger ending. Can't blame the writers to bad though, considereing the greedy little faggits went on strike in the middle of the season. Thumbs up though!

2 comments:

Wesley said...

I haven't seen Speed Racer yet but I plan on doing so within the next week or so. I don't watch Scrubs (sorry, it's just not my thing) but the season finale of The Office was great. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

movie_fan225 said...

I'll admit, I haven't seen Speed Racer yet, but I really want to. I've never been a big fan of the television version, but the preview are so psychedelic and crazy awesome. I would love to see this movie.
Scrubs just isn't one of my most favorite shows. I love to watch it when it comes on and there's nothing else I really wanna watch. It's a good laugh, and the music is by far the best musical score of any TV show ever. I would watch it for that alone. However, I just can't get into the story lines, or what story line there is/has been in past seasons. I'm kinda on the border with this one. Sorry Jason.
The Office, however, is brilliant. Damn them for leaving us hanging! Can't wait for season 5. Let's all keep out fingers crossed that it'll be another amazing season.