Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Made a Horror Movie




The video you see above is the Welcome Week 2009 video that I did for Mississippi College. This is the video that they show to incoming Freshmen and the rest of the school at the start of Welcome Week. I was lucky enough to be given free reign and creative control on this. I ended up making a throw back to the old slasher films that I'm quite fond of from the 1980's. If you decide to watch the video, you can see influences from Friday the 13th, Halloween, The Evil Dead and more recent horror films such as Scream.

I was only given one day to make this thing. However, I give it my best shot and had the most fun with it that I could. I'm really happy with the way it turned it.

The basic plot of the video is that someone has been threatening to stop Welcome Week from happening. This person claims that they will stop at nothing to achieve this... even if it means taking out members of the SGA in the process.

Please note that this video was made for Mississippi College for entertainment purposes. This video is not made for sale or economic purposes.

Hope you guys enjoy the video. It's been a very rewarding experience.

1 comments:

Jason said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this vid my friend. I have been waiting to watch it ever since you told me about the project a little ways back. I was very impressed and thought that for only a days worth of shooting that you came up with some truly brilliant shots and ideas. Bravo man!