Monday, November 17, 2008

Speech of the Week #17

Hey guys, welcome to a column here on YDKS Movies entitled Speech of the Week! For now on, every Monday I will post a new scene from a movie that features a speech of some sort being given. After all, there are a lot of famous scenes in film where characters give an influential speech of some sort. Then again, there are also a lot of scenes where characters give a speech and it just comes off cheesy and lame. In this section, you will see both kinds. That's right, people, I'm giving you the good and bad of film speeches all wrapped up in one great big package. I hope you all enjoy.


This week's speech is basically the end of Scent of a Woman so, if you haven't seen that movie I wouldn't watch this clip. Don't get me wrong- it's an amazing speech. However, you should definitely see this film in its entirety before watching this speech.

In this speech, Al Pacino comes to the defense of Charlie (Chris O' Donnell before he ruined his career) who is basically being screwed over by a headmaster and some of his friends for not confessing who played a prank on the headmaster. Pacino's speech is pretty much awesome and he really made me wanna yell in public and say the f-word a lot. It may sound like I'm putting the speech down in that last sentence but, really, I'm not. The speech is amazing and is basically the reason that Pacino won his first and only Oscar. In fact, this is probably the definition for a great film speech. My favorite parts? When Pacino expresses that he wishes he could take a flame-thrower to the school and when he screams, "F-you too!" to Charlie's "friends." 

Give it a watch. It's awesome.

4 comments:

movie_fan225 said...

I'M BACK BABY. TO STAY. GET READY.

Jason said...

Best speech so far man. Nice Job!

Jason said...

Oh, and welcome back Blossom. I missed you!

movie_fan225 said...

I missed you too Jason. Good to be back.