Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Star Trek Trailer

As everyone probably knows by now, the new trailer for J.J. Abrams' version of Star Trek hit the web yesterday (and was attached to certain prints of Quantum of Solace this weekend, though not mine). Most people seem to be really into it. I like it for the most part. It's filled with a lot of crazy action and, honestly, it's kind of hard to really gauge what all is really going on in it. However, it definitely looks a lot different than what I imagined for a Star Trek movie. 


For the record, I've never really watched Star Trek... like at all. It's just not my thing. I've always been more of a Star Wars kind of a guy (well, before it sucked). With that said, I was able to be intrigued by this trailer. If it was just another Star Trek film, I wouldn't care at all about it. However, because it is a reboot, is very different and is filled with some pretty awesome special effects, I can't help but be pretty interested. How about that opening in the desert? Just that alone sets this vastly apart from the rest of Star Trek. 

There are times in the trailer were it just all feels like too much but overall it's pretty fun. I don't know what the final product will be like but I will see it. Check out the trailer below. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes.

movie_fan225 said...

Thomas just shat himself on this one.