Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Summer Movie

And it's Wolverine for the win.  I actually watched this last week with a couple friends.  After it was over, while walking back to the car, we decided it was the perfect girl movie:  so much "eye candy" and this great surge of power that all girls love to have at some point or another.  I must admit, I feel awkward and unsure writing that last comment about this movie.  "Eye candy" is a terrible phrase in my opinion.  But, that is exactly what this was for me and the other girls.  


Other than all that, I thought this was all in all a good movie for my summer kick-off.  It included the level of unreality that I like throughout my summers, and is also based from the comics--a factor that I've grown to really enjoy in movies over the past few years.  Let it be known, however, I've actually never read the comics.  I know, I know, how can I critique this without having read what it's based from?  Strictly as a movie and entertainment purposes, between the insane power and emotions this movie blew me away.  

I'm also considering this in comparison to the X-Men trilogy.  I sat down again the other night with the same friend I watched Wolverine with and watched all three movies back-to-back.  Final conclusion:  my favorites are Wolverine and the intial X-Men movie.  I've never been a huge fan of the trilogy, and after this last viewing I have decided that X-Men: The Last Stand may possibly even be a least favorite movie of mine.  It is my opinion that by the time the last movie was made, "they" were just trying to continue a story and it fizzled out on screen.  

But back to my initial thought:  Wolverine=good start to my summer, especially since my DMB concert roadtrip didn't work out because of the stinking swine flu.  

By the way, the person with whom I'm visiting with at the moment is watching the season finale of Grey's Anatomy.  Someone save me?  

~Amanda Leigh       

1 comments:

Wesley said...

I'll be honest: I haven't seen this movie. But my brother enjoyed it for the most part and I've had other people I respect say they enjoyed it.

However, I think this thing just looked awful. And, from what I hear, they absolutely raped the character of Deadpool at the very end.

Still, I guess I can't give my two cents because I haven't seen it.