Thursday, February 5, 2009

2081 Trailer

It's been quite awhile since I've done anything, I'm sorry about that, but I've been busy as hell. This and last week were all test weeks basically, that mixed with homework, and me being sick. Not only that but I was elected the Event Coordinator of the Anime Club here, so I've been busy dealing with reservations, food, drinks, getting anime together, getting paid members lists, and all this stuff for our big semester welcome party tonight. Basically the old EC resigned without getting anything ready for the party so it was all dumped on me last week. Luckily I somehow got out of classes early today so I thought I'd get this quick post in while I'm waiting for the person with the key to the room our party is going to be in to come so I can start setting up everything.

Some of you may have heard of a story called "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut. If you haven't then go look it up online, it is a short story so you can read it in a few minutes. Basically it is about everyone being forced to be equal. And it is one of the best stories I have ever read. A world where everyone is handicapped to the lowest endowment to keep everyone truly equal. It is such a brilliant concept for a story and that's why I love it so much.

Well, yesterday I was chatting with a friend and found out that they are making a movie of this short story (there was actually a movie made years ago, but it was supposedly horrible). I quickly looked it up and he was right: the movie is named 2081. The move is only about 25 minutes long, but that is fine since the original story was also short (and them trying to make it into a 2 hour movie might not work out too great). It comes out this year, there is no specific date yet, and I doubt it'll be in any theaters (at least not near us). Luckily there is a trailer out, so you guys watch and enjoy its greatness as it basically follows directly the original story.


1 comments:

Wesley said...

Looks weird but pretty cool too.