Friday, February 20, 2009

Funny People Trailer is Pretty Solid

The trailer for Judd Apatow's (The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up) latest movie Funny People hit the web today and I think that it looks pretty good. The humor seems pretty spot on and it definitely looks to have a lot of the usual serious moments that Apatow's comedies have. I really liked the line referencing Die Hard villains. Also, the scenes of stand-up look to be really funny (I've also heard that a lot of them are pretty painful to watch as well). Lastly, I really liked the line that they ended the trailer with.


Despite the trailer being pretty good, I feel like some people may want to skip it because it does seem to give a lot of the plot points away. It's also pretty long, wrapping up at around 3 and a half minutes. Still, I enjoyed watching it.

Also, for the record, I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler. I am, however, a fan of Judd Apatow movies. So if Apatow can do what he's done before with Sandler involved, then I'm all for it. But usually the guy makes me wanna tear my eyes out (see The Waterboy).

Watch the trailer below.



Source: Trailer Addict

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, but I can't help feeling I was given too much of the plot.

And I'm pretty sure I can predict the last act. Recurrence

movie_fan225 said...

I think it looks good too. Adam Sandler takes me back to a time when things were simpler. Watching his old movies with my older brother was really enjoyable and memorable, but beyond those I haven't been too astounded by him anytime recently. But this looks promising. Maybe we weren't given too much. Crossed fingers.

movie_fan225 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.