Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Independent Film of the Week #1: RE: Monday

This is a new article series that I would like to start on YDKS Movies called Independent Film of the Week. In this series, I would like to showcase an independent film that I enjoy for all of you to discover. I have been watching a lot of these on Vimeo in the past few days and it has really inspired me to make something new myself other than the Bags and Boards series I have been working on (though don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be making Bags and Boards throughout the summer). 

The first entry is called RE: Monday and it is written and directed by Adam Burr. The best way to experience this 14 minute film is to just not know anything about it. There wasn't any plot description written on the Vimeo page other than "One rainy afternoon..." and there's a reason for that. For the whole video, you really don't know exactly what's going on and that creates a lot of tension. The experience of just trying to figure it out and guessing what might happen really adds a lot to the work. The film is exceptionally well-made with great writing and directing. The sound design is also quite well-done. 

Just watch it and see what you think. I was impressed.

Tune in next week to see another great independent film. 

1 comments:

movie_fan225 said...

Rather disturbing, don't ya think? Yet really beautiful.