Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pixar's Up: A Brief Review


Flying high below a rainbow of helium, Up floats above most other adventure movies of the decade. With very deep character development, and even deeper colors, Up manages to precisely blend emotion, laughter, and action into the most tonal picture of the Pixar canon. Pixar once again sets the bar for what an animated film can accomplish, and, in keeping true to the characters of this latest masterpiece, produce films that are applicable to all ages. The first 10 minutes employ one of the most romantic and true sequences in recent film, and throughout the film's entirety, the real life is what gives the adventure aspects breadth. Expect to believe in anything after watching this film, and throw caution to wind once you step out of the dark theater into the light of a new day.

10/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I might write something about Up in the next few weeks... so much going on in that film! It was quite fantastic.

Wesley said...

This was a good movie. I really liked the first half of it, especially the part where we see all of the guy's life summed up in a few silent minutes. That was great. However, once he got to South America, it did just turn into another Pixar kid's movie for me. I'm not saying it wasn't well-made or a bad movie. It was really good. I just kind of lost interest here. So it was good but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

amanda leigh said...

Well said... kind of like that phrase that time "stars just threw up on screen," or however it went.
Quite the wonderful movie, I most definitely agree.
I only cried 4 times, and lost count at all the times I laughed.