Monday, June 15, 2009

Independent Film of the Week #3: Bathtub IV


This is a new article series that I would like to start on YDKS Movies called Independent Film of the Week. In this series, I would like to showcase an independent film that I enjoy for all of you to discover. I have been watching a lot of these on Vimeo in the past few days and it has really inspired me to make something new myself other than the Bags and Boards series I have been working on (though don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be making Bags and Boards throughout the summer). 

This third entry is entitled Bathtub IV from director Keith Loutit. It was pointed out to me by my friend Guy. This video is pretty incredible because it is shot with real people and locations but looks like it is made with toy figures. This is made possible by using a tilt shift lens and some time lapse. The result is really incredible.

This video is just one part of Loutit's "Little Sydney" project. To see other entries in the project, go here.

I hope you all enjoy this video as much as I do.

1 comments:

amanda leigh said...

It's unanimous over here. We enjoyed it. I was wondering throughout how it looked like stickmen and real men simultaneously. That's a really great technique.