Monday, June 8, 2009

Independent Film of the Week #2: Last Day Dream

This is a new article series that I would like to start on YDKS Movies called Independent Film of the Week. In this series, I would like to showcase an independent film that I enjoy for all of you to discover. I have been watching a lot of these on Vimeo in the past few days and it has really inspired me to make something new myself other than the Bags and Boards series I have been working on (though don't get me wrong, I'm still going to be making Bags and Boards throughout the summer). 

This second entry is a short film by Chris Milk entitled Last Day Dream. It shows a man's life flashing before his eyes right before he dies. It manages to be kind of beautiful, sad and funny. Also, it features a quick cameo by Pauly Shore. What's better than that?

Watch the short film above and tune next week for another great independent film.

1 comments:

Noah said...

There's way too much to see here on the first time through, but that's clearly intentional given the context of the story. When we remember things, even before we reach old age and our memories begin to fail, we rarely see the entire event perfectly recreated in our mind.