Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A College Update

Because of my absence for the past two days, I thought I'd update and tell you guys what's been going on.

Well, Monday I packed up and headed off for college. The two hours drive up here was completely masked in a thunder storm. Getting here at about 4, it was still raining, so I left everything in my car. Unable to unpack, me and my roommate decided to rearrange our room. We literally spent all night messing with our room. It wasn't until 3 a.m. that we finally went to bed. I am extremely proud of what we did to our room. Just to show you guys what all we accomplished and spent all those hours on, I have some pictures, courtesy of my roommate.

Now think of this as a before picture. This is how our room looked at the start of last semester. Completely dull. Sadly, we don't have any photos between now and then to show what we changed our room to look like. Basically, we just interchanged the desks and the drawers, and then hung up posters. But still, our room was rather plane.

This was one of our attempts to rearrange the room. We spent a long time on this design and kept working off of it. It was kind of a good idea or, at least, it seemed like that for awhile. I really liked the fact that I would have somewhat of a cave area to sleep in. That was the only real selling point of that design. But, nonetheless, we ended up scratching that idea.

Between that idea and the one we currently have we went through a few redesigns. We even attempted to take the back off our cabinet and have that in our hallways so you'd have to open it and walk through it to get into our room. It would have been like Chronicles of Narnia. Sadly, the cabinet ended up being glued together, so that plan failed.

Finally, we came up with our current design and we quickly tried some things out before mastering it.

We ended up using parts from both our beds to create the ultimate loft bed. To support its structure, we ended up moving a cabinet and drawer against it. Quickly, we started moving many things into that area around it and ended up almost making a cave underneath it. In order to enter our room, you have to walk underneath it. I have to tilt my head to keep from hitting it on the frame but it's worth it. It's my roommate's bed (the guy taking the photos), but I was willing to get up and test how sturdy it was.

This is a view of what people see when they pass by my room. Needless to say, many people have been stopping by my room to check it out since.

Here is the rest of the room from the loft bed's perspective. You can see my bed to the right, which sits on the ground. I have basically turned my bed into a couch/futon. We have left the rest of the room open and it all revolves around the television. So, basically, we have turned a portion of our room into a mini-theater, which we hope to put to good use.

So, here I've been this whole time putting a room together. Yesterday, I rewired all the things in my room, managed to unpack half of the stuff in my car before it started to rain again and started getting my stuff together for school. And today I had my first day of classes.

Now that I'm pretty much moved back in completely, I don't expect to go too long without making a post. My Tuesdays, Thursdays, and weekends give me plenty of time to make posts, so you guys can expect a new article from me every few days. Luckily, my lab was canceled today which gave me time for this post.

I'll make sure to have some actual movie related articles for you guys very soon. This is a movie site after all.

2 comments:

movie_fan225 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wesley said...

You're ridiculous.

Also, I have two of those same movie posters in my room (The Dark Knight and Star Wars: A New Hope). Still, my room is so much cooler. I have so many bad-a movie posters it's not even funny.