Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to YDKS Movies

I'm proud to say that today YDKS Movies is officially one year old.


On January 9, 2008, Jason made his first post (which you can read here) where he did a wrap up of his favorite (and least favorite) movies of 2007. Since then, a lot has changed on the site and it has only grown and gotten stronger. There have been many times where I thought that it wouldn't last but it has only gotten better and better over the days. I'm very proud that the site has lasted as long as it has and I cannot wait to celebrate its two year birthday next year. Who knows how much will change from now until then. But, if you ask me, I can only see things getting better.

Thanks to Austin for doing the cake artwork at the top of this article and all the other artwork he has supplied over the past year. Thanks to Jason for creating the site and for sticking with it for so long. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with us and kept up with the site over the year. It all means a lot.

4 comments:

Austin said...

Here's to another great year for YDKS! I know it'll always live on, and it must, for its society's only hope.

(Also you'd be surprised how freaking hard it is to find a good picture of a normal cake and cake letters, seriously, I finally just had to give up and go with a cake side-view and some crappy cake letters that drove me crazy and look terrible. I'll just have to take my own photos and make a better pic for the next birthday.)

Jason said...

Wes,

I think we have both matured greatly in both writing skills and movie knowledge over this past year. I am thankful we have made it this far, and I am now, for the first time, starting to feel that we are on the right track to using the internet for our respective retirement plans. It also helps to have a consistent third writer for the site as well, and I would like to thank Austin for taking up that coveted role. This is going to be the start of a great year, and YDKS can only get better from here.

On a side note though, I would like some more doom and gloom posts from you Austin. We need that terror on the site!

T.S. said...

Happy birthday, fellas. I hope you keep up the good work. It's one of my New Year's resolutions to post more comments on blogs (I'm so awful at it), so I look forward to reading your material for another year.

movie_fan225 said...

Happy Birthday YDKS! Great year fellas. Looking forward to another good one! Make it count!