Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years from YDKS Movies

Hey everyone and Happy New Year. I hope that everyone had a fun (but not too fun) night last night ringing in the new year. I had some friends over to the house myself and it was a pretty relaxing night. We just ate a lot of food, watched Blu-ray, blew stuff up, played fighting video games and watched the Jonas Brothers suck on live TV (someone please explain their popularity to me; they can't even sing). All in all, it was a good night.


I was not really sure what direction to take this post in other than to hint at things to come for the site. I'm not really a person who does new years resolutions as I know I probably won't do them. However, I would really like a lot of new changes to happen on the site in what will be our second year on the Internet (only nine more days to our birthday). With Austin now writing for us, we have began to make a transition into what I hope will be stronger website dedicated to bringing you our opinion on the state of movies today. In the coming months, you can expect to see possibly new writers, new columns, a new site design, more video content and more coverage. I've got my fingers crossed right now on this but the biggest addition this year could be first hand coverage of the San Diego Comic-Con. It may not happen but I am remaining hopeful because... well, I really want to go.

So here's to the new year and YDKS Movies- a site that didn't even exist at this time last year. It is amazing how many things can change in a year's time and I am truly thankful that this site has come out of it all. I am also thankful to have known and met Jason. This site has helped strengthen our friendship and it truly has been a blessing. The whole thing has been a real learning experience. And, for the most part, it's been pretty fun.

I hope everyone has a great day and that the new year is better than the last.

0 comments: