Monday, January 12, 2009

Watch The Dorm: Episodes One and Two



My friend Thomas Webb is currently making an Internet video series called The Dorm. It's going to be based on a couple of people (mostly our friends) living in a dorm during their junior year of college, focusing on the variety of people they meet and the many awkward (and funny) situations that they can get into. There's obviously a lot of influence from our favorite TV show The Office. The series is still in the early stages of development and I think Thomas is going to be adding a lot more characters and plots to the show. Right now, the only characters in the show are Joel Richardson, Jay Davis, Rob Taggart and Thomas himself. Our friend Josh Kinsley has a cameo and may become a bigger character. 


Personally, I think Jay stands out a lot, especially in the first episode. His line about being "good, great friends" makes me laugh. I also like watching Rob but that's probably just because I know him in person (in other words, he's really like this). 

Anyways, you can watch the first episode at the top of this article and the second episode below. You can also visit Thomas's YouTube page here. Be sure to check the videos out and support another independent filmmaker. 


7 comments:

Jason said...

Simply great!

thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

thanks for the support. it's not everyday that you get featured on such a cool site.

becca. said...

those were hilarious. that joel guy is funny.

Austin said...

Very nice indeed. I definitely see the influence from The Office.

Wesley said...

No problem, Thomas. I look forward to future episodes.

movie_fan225 said...

Quickly becoming my favorite series. It's good-great.