Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The New Street Fighter Poster is Terrible

Wow, I really don't even feel like I have to try with this one. This is honestly one of the worst posters I've ever seen. It's unbelievably cluttered, off-balance and looks incredibly photoshopped. It just looks terrible. I really cannot even believe that it is real but... alas, it is.


I've seen this on a couple of different movie sites over the past few days so I figured I might as well do a post about it here. For those of you who did not know, there is actually going to be a new Street Fighter movie. Yes, you heard me: they are making a new Street Fighter movie. Who is they, you might ask? They are Fox, who has been behind nothing but pure crap for a few years now. This is probably not going to be much better. I mean, just look at the poster.

The new movie is called Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. Of all the characters in Street Fighter, why would you ever make a movie about Chun-Li? How about Ryu and Ken? Or even Sagat? Also, they cast a white girl as Chun-Li, who is most definitely Chinese. I mean, her name is Chun-Li. 

I know a lot of people really hated the first Street Fighter movie with Jean-Claude Van Damme but at least it was so bad that it kind of good. Yeah, it was terrible but God was it hilarious. This new movie doesn't look like it will be the funny bad. It just looks like it's just going to be the awful kind of bad. Just look at its poster... Man, that thing is terrible. How did that even get made?

I could probably post the awful trailer for Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li to cap this thing off but I'd rather post three videos that will all be better than this movie in their own ways.

First off is the Nostalgia Critic's recap of the first Street Fighter film. If you haven't seen this movie or you want to relive all of its glory one more time, please give this a watch. My favorite part? "Of course!"



The next video is from the Animated Movie version of Street Figher II. Not only is this animated version a thousand times better than the first Street Fighter movie, I'm sure it will be a whole lot better than Fox's upcoming sequel.



Finally, here is just footage from the video game Street Fighter II. Yes, even this will prove to be a lot better than Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.



Source: /Film

1 comments:

Austin said...

Dammit, leave my childhood games alone Hollywood!