Friday, June 6, 2008

Star Wars Related Short Films



I'm not really feeling like writing today for some reason, so I'll just keep this short and sweet. Basically, I'm going to give you, the reader, some more short films to look at. They are all Star Wars related and are actually pretty good. However, I would say that they are no where near as good as the zombie short I posted the other day entitled I Love You Sarah Jane. If you still have not watched that, please scroll down to that article and do so.



The first short film I'm going to post is entitled George Lucas in Love. A take off of Shakespeare in Love, this short plays off the possibility that Lucas wrote most of Star Wars after being inspired by the people around him. Some of it is silly but it is really well made and enjoyable to watch. Plus, the ending is classic. Watch it here.


The other Star Wars related short film I'm going to post is entitled Troops. It is a take off of the television show Cops. However, instead of cops, there are stormtroopers patrolling the desert planet of Tatooine. While I prefer George Lucas in Love, Troops has some nice little moments and is equally as enjoyable to watch. Plus, there's nothing better than watching a stormtropper shoot a jawa. Watch it here

I hope these shorts provide some entertainment for you guys. Again, if you didn't watch the I Love Sarah Jane short I posted earlier this week, do that now. It's a thousand times better than these... not that these are bad though. I'll be back to writing my usual kind of posts this weekend. I have a very epic post planned... I'll probably have to split it into two parts. Yeah, it's that long. Until then, enjoy. 

Oh yeah, bonus George Lucas related short: How George Lucas Might F-Up Indiana Jones 4. Not as good as the others, but I did enjoy the ending and the fight between Lucas and Spielberg about puppets.

2 comments:

Zach said...

All three of these were excellent. Keep up the good work, Wesley.

Jason said...

I watched Lucas in Love and Troops and I gotta say I was really impressed with Lucas in Love. Might I add though, that the short has two classic endings!