Wednesday, June 11, 2008

YDKS Teaser Poster

Behold. What you see above is the first in a series of posters that my brother Austin is making for YDKS. You may be asking yourself: What exactly is this poster for? Well, it's for our site, dummy. And it's just for fun. Ever since Jason took down our "three-headed logo" on the front page due to Caleb's removal, I figured we needed something new to put up to greet our loyal readers. The first in the series is what we call our "Teaser poster."

Like most teaser posters, this design does just that: tease. After a brief brainstorming session, I told Austin to basically do whatever he wanted with Jason and I's images, maybe some other movie related images, and a giant explosion. Yeah, I had to have an explosion. Because what's more of a tease than a giant explosion? Anyways, after messing around with images for a little bit, Austin showed me what he had and we came to this poster idea: Jason and I blowing up a theater during the middle of a bad movie. In early versions of the poster, we even had Michael Bay being blow up in the explosion and a DVD of Transformers flying out. However, all of that proved to be too distracting. If you will notice, I can be seen setting the explosion off while Jason basks in the glory of our act.

Since this was a teaser poster design, we had to think of a clever way of putting a title on it. After awhile, we chose to just put it on Jason's shirt. Most of Austin's talent as a graphic designer comes in the little details you don't notice on first glance. He does stuff like erase the original text on Jason's shirt and put the YDKS text on it. He also created one of Jason's hands from scratch. Yeah, he's pretty damn good.

Anyways, I hope you guys like the poster Austin created. Right now, he's working on the YDKS "Theatrical Poster." I gotta say, it's pretty epic. And when I say epic, I mean friggin' epic. It should be up by Thursday.

Until then, enjoy.

2 comments:

Jason said...

That is awesome! We we become famous your brother is getting hired! Right now just keep convincing him to do this stuff for free!

movie_fan225 said...

That is a beautiful display of awesomeness. But I hafta ask... a teaser for what? Thanks for the poster fellas. And Austin, keep it up.