Friday, June 13, 2008

YDKS Theatrical Poster Revealed

Click to enlarge.

Well guys, here it is. The official poster of YDKS. As much as I like the "teaser" poster Austin did for us a few days ago, I'm absolutely in love with this new "Theatrical" poster. I mean, just look at the thing. It's friggin' beautiful. As Austin was creating the teaser poster the other night, I made up a crude drawing that would be the basis for this design. Austin followed my little sketch to the dot and made it come to life in ways I would have never even imagined.

First off, the poster was heavily influenced by the classic Star Wars posters, which must be pretty obvious to you all. After all, we set the thing in space and even copied the classic Star Wars text. Heck, we even through in the Fett man himself: Boba Fett. Despite the heavy Star Wars influence, we felt that this poster symbolized everything we loved about movies.

In this poster, Austin was able to put Jason and I into an old school poster setting with some of our favorite movie characters. I don't think I have to argue for why Boba Fett was included. After, who doesn't love the Fett man. At first, I wasn't sure whether to include Batman or not. After all, his origin is in comics and not movies. However, after some thought, I came to the conclusion that he truly belonged. After all, Batman is badass and I talk about The Dark Knight every two posts or so on here. I don't feel like I have to argue much for the inclusion of Bruce Campbell either. The Evil Dead was one of the movies that made me believe that I could make movies too. Campbell's character of Ash is not only a cult icon but one of the greatest film characters ever created. A YDKS poster just wouldn't be complete without the guy.

Now, we get to Godzilla. Well, why not? After all, one of my first posts on here was a review of Cloverfield. In this review, I spent most of time talking about how much I just loved Godzilla. Plus, look at how awesome he looks. After all, you can never go wrong with a giant, radioactive fire-breathing lizard in your background (and yes, Austin created his radioactive breath from scratch).

The amount of work Austin put into this poster was pretty insane. He's been working on the thing for about two days now. I mean, just look at the thing. It's beautiful. The amount of detail he achieved is just remarkable. Look really closely and you'll even be able to see some smoke coming out of Boba Fett's gun. Yeah, that's crazy but Austin put it there. If you happen to see the guy in person, tell him he did a good job. After all, he did a damn good one. This thing is better than most of the posters that come out of Hollywood today. It's able to capture all the magic of movies and then some. I'm proud to say that it's for our little ole' movie site. 

Well, that's enough time for talk. Click on the poster above to see it in its full glory.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

movie_fan225 said...

Firstly, it made me chuckle that you had to clarify who the "Fett man" was at first.
Deucely, it's like hot electric sex blazing forth from my computer. I must say, good call on the quartet of amazing characters... or should I say sextet? Hmmmm....

Jason said...

It is too amazing for me to even try and explain on a simple blog how I feel. So I won't even try. Just know that as I sit here, I am absolutely speechless. And the only thing I can do, is tell you how speechless I really am!