Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Batman? In Your Dreams Ratner!

There is seriously no justice in the world...


In a recent interview with MTV, Brett Ratner added another item to his wishlist in regards to the Batman franchise.

“As a kid, Batman was my thing,” Ratner said. “I’m a little jealous that I didn’t get to direct it, although Nolan did a great job. But there are so many characters in the Batman series, so many characters that I love, that the opportunities for spin-offs are endless.”






...


Dear Brett Ratner,

You are a little jealous that you didn't get to direct Batman? Are you fricken kidding me? You should be jealous that Nolan can out direct you even if he was blind, deaf, and dumb. After what you did to
X-Men: The Last Stand, nobody in their right mind should ever give you the chance to direct a movie as prolific as Batman. Grow up man. You had your chance to direct a comic book movie, and it was a disgrace. And now you know that the only way you would ever direct a Batman movie is if it was some lame spin-off like Wolverine's origin story is going to be. We all loved Batman as a kid, but that doesn't mean we should all direct a Batman film. Leave Batman alone Ratner. It is out of your league. You are more suited for something like a Pikachu movie spin-off.


Sincerely,

YDKS Movies




Source: MTV via JoBlo

1 comments:

Wesley said...

Yay, Jason, you posted.

I missed this news item so thanks for filling me in. I also enjoyed your rant. X-Men: The Last Stand was truly terrible. Though, I have to admit, I really enjoyed Red Dragon. But that's just me.

In other news, I should direct a Batman movie. One day.