Wednesday, December 31, 2008

9 (The Movie)


Ah well here we go, my first real post:

A few days ago the trailer was released for 9. I had never heard of it before but the trailer quite interested me so I looked a bit more into it. The movie is being produced by Tim Burton and is based off an award winning animated short film by the same name.

Basically 9 is an animated movie that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, and the main characters are a bunch of rag-doll creatures built by humans. The numbered rag-dolls, with the movie mainly following #9, are trying to survive and I guess save the world. Of course, they also got some evil mechanical creatures along the way that try to stop them. You always got to have those around.

Basically, not all too much about the actual plot is shown yet besides the basic fact that there’s a lot of action involved. But the pure visuals alone are why I’m so interested in it. There's a very unique style about the movie and it looks great. It has a very grim and dirty style that you usually don't see in computer animated movies. It's a very nice turn from the norm and I hope it lives up to its expectations.



Here's the original short film as well, just so you can see where this film is coming from:



Source: Kotaku

1 comments:

Jason said...

Looks pretty rad. Yeah, I am bringing rad back!