Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm So GD Excited About The Wrestler


Today is a special day. After about five months of hell, I'm finally out of school. I honestly do not know how I was able to remotely keep up with this place as I really had no free time at all. I don't know what happened. I guess I just signed up for the wrong classes or something. In the end, it was Advanced Spanish Conversation that really killed me. I think I did okay on the final and I know I did good on the presentation but I really messed up on a test about a month due to a panic attack in the middle of it (something that's never really happened to me before). So I might be getting my first B in a college course, thus losing my 4.0. If it happens, I'm going to be pretty upset but I've done the best I can to try to keep it. Still... it's really frustrating because the whole thing was really beyond my control. I mean, I had a freaking panic attack in the middle of a test that I was completely prepared for. It's so lame.


Anyways, all that is done. Now, I can write a little more for this site (in between resting and working on my new movie script). When I sat down a few seconds ago to think about something to write about on here, I was quick to think: what's the only movie I'm really dying to see right now? Oh yeah- The Wrestler.

I am so pumped to see this movie. I'm so excited about it that it is ridiculous. Do you people realize how awesome this thing is going to be? Not only is it starring Mickey freaking Rourke, directed by Darren Aronofsky and a realistic portrayal of pro wrestling but it's also getting insanely good reviews. As of right now, it is sitting at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes

But that's not all that's been going on with The Wrestler these days. Today, iTunes released Bruce Springsteen's single for the film. You can download it for 99 cents. I'd recommend it- I'm not a huge Springsteen fan but I've had this song on repeat for the past few hours. It's a really good song. I hear that listening to it after seeing the film makes it even more powerful. I look forward to being able to do that. You can download it here.

In a really cool bit of news, former WWE star and hardcore wrestling legend Mick Foley (one of my personal heroes) recently did an interview in which he endorsed the film. Although he had some minor problems with it, he said that he really loved the movie and that he was really surprised at just how realistic of a portrayal it managed to be. This makes me even more excited. 

Lastly, there have been a lot of photos of Mickey Rourke looking insane from various premieres of the film. The Mick is looking really awful these days but it really does add to his charm. Still, I would never f with this guy. I feel like he could kill me... but instead he'd just eat my face and then smoke a big ole' cigar. Then, he'd start a one-man parade around the city with just him, his chihuahua and an imaginary band while covered in my blood. Why? Because he's Mickey freaking Rourke, that's why.

For those who do not know, The Wrestler comes out this Friday in limited release (lame). If you live in the Jackson, Mississippi area (like me), it is coming to the Malco Grandview theater in Madison on January 16th. I can't wait to buy my ticket.

3 comments:

movie_fan225 said...

Should I really be that excited about this film? After seeing the latest trailer, you've almost convinced me, Wesley.

Wesley said...

dude, it's at 97 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. what's wrong with you?

movie_fan225 said...

I just don't know... It takes a love for wrestling that I'm just not sure that I have. A little more convincing from you, and I'll be ready, I'm sure. BTW, I have your Christmas present. I'll give it to you next time I see you. I hope you'll like it. And you don't already have it.