Monday, December 29, 2008

This Pretty Much Sums Up The Spirit



It's been a few days since I've seen The Spirit and I still have an awful aftertaste in mouth. It's very rare that I see a movie so bad that it haunts me for days afterwards but The Spirit has managed to do that. So, I guess I have to give Frank Miller credit for that. His movie was so awful that I just can't get it and its insanity out of my brain.


Anyways, I've been reading multiple reviews of The Spirit in my time of healing to learn of others' similar experiences of watching this piece of crap. In a way, this movie has become an uniting experience. Everyone who has suffered from it seems to have gone through the same thoughts, confusion and despair. 

As I was searching for people who went through some of the same things I did as I watched this "movie," I found this video review on YouTube that pretty much sums up the entire thing for me. So if you don't want to take the time to read my passionate review on why this movie is terrible, I guess you could just watch this video. It definitely gives you a feel of how retarded this thing was. The only thing I don't like about the video is that the kid in it refers to Marley and Me as one of the good holiday films out. Granted, this movie is probably a lot better than The Spirit but that doesn't make it good. Everything else in the video is pretty spot on. The comment about the toy dinosaur kills me. What the hell was that about?

One thing's for sure... after this seeing this "movie," I'll never view eggs the same again. I even had some for dinner last night (breakfast dinner). They just didn't taste the same.

Damn you, Miller. What have you done to eggs? What have you done?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he said it was one of the better ones...not good. im glad you found this. there are alot of spirit review youtube videos. i didnt know about this subculture. i hope you didn't have to watch too many of them to find this one.

Wesley said...

No, this was the first one I watched. I watched one other one but it wasn't that great.

Jason said...

Breakfast for dinner is called Brinner. And bacon ice cream is the perfect after-brinner treat!