Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rob Zombie Making a Halloween Sequel


According to Bloody-Disgusting, Rob Zombie is writing and directing a sequel to his 2007 remake of John Carpenter's Halloween. The film is set to start production in March and is aiming for a release date in October 2009. In other words, they are making it really fast. Its title, as of right now, is H2. The film will start off right where his Halloween remake ended. It will "follow the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted." So apparently Michael Myers will be in this sequel, despite the fact that... well... 


*Spoiler alert* 

... He got his head blown off in the first one.

*End spoiler*

I'm one of the few people that actually was into Zombie's remake of Halloween. It wasn't anywhere near the perfection of Carpenter's original but I enjoyed it for what it was worth and the effort that Zombie made to make it unique. Still, I'm not that crazy about a sequel. It definitely lessens the impact of the ending of the first film. I felt like one of the things that made that movie special was the fact that Myers was mortal and that he got it the way he did at the very end. It was very tragic. If he can't die, then what's the point? Also, Zombie had stated in the past that he would not make a sequel to Halloween so it's kind of lame to see him go back on his word. Honestly, this guy needs to be directing other things. When are we going to get Tyrannosaurus Rex? Also, I'd like to see Zombie try something non-horror for once. I think he could pull it off. 

I'm not crazy about the idea of this sequel or its lame title (H2? That's all you could come up with?) but I'll see it when it comes out. I enjoyed the first one and I've been interested in Rob Zombie's directing career since seeing The Devil's Rejects. I just hope this sequel isn't pointless.

1 comments:

movie_fan225 said...

You're getting more and more witty with each post, Wesblo. That *Spoiler* alert made me chuckle. I think it has to do with you being done with Espanol de Conversacion. Wretched class.