Monday, December 22, 2008

Impressive Fan-Made Thundercats Trailer

I've seen this posted on a few different movie websites today so I figured it'd be good enough to post here. I'm honestly not even a fan of Thundercats (I just didn't grow up watching it) but even I found this fan-made trailer for a Thundercats movie very impressive. It was made by WormyTV (a San Francisco-based graphic artist) over the span of a year and a half using Adobe Premiere. The trailer was made using clips from other films, adding in multiple effects frame-by-frame in photoshop. It features stars such as Brad Pitt (via footage taken from Troy), Vin Diesel and Hugh Jackman. 


The thing is- this actually looks like it could work. I would go to see this movie. Watch this and then watch the trailer for Dragonball: Evolution (yeah, it now has evolution in the title... not a good sign of quality). Which one would you rather see? Of course, the trailer doesn't take itself too seriously. The inclusion of Snarf was hilarious in an almost intentionally cheesy kind of way. Still, I would see this any day over films like Dragonball: Evolution, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and even the upcoming G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (no, I haven't even seen footage of this but the still pictures and Stephen Sommer's involvement is good enough to make me want to steer clear).

Watch the fan-made trailer below.

0 comments: