Thursday, December 11, 2008

Terminator Salvation Trailer Released

Hey guys, I decided to take a quick break from studying from finals to do a post here about the new Terminator Salvation trailer. I've been really critical of the prospect of a new Terminator film, mostly due to the fact that it is being directed by McG, the hack behind Charlie's Angels and We Are Marshall and it is probably going to be PG-13.


I was not impressed by the basically footage-less teaser trailer that was released earlier this summer but this new theatrical trailer is definitely a step up. I won't say that I'm sold on this film by any means but it definitely looks like it could be entertaining. Then again, it is plagued by strange one-liners ("It looks like the devil's hands have been busy..." Um, what?), Transformers-like robots (see the big robot at the end), and many people are turned off by the fact that Bale seems to be using his raspy Batman voice again. Personally, I think this last claim is a little picky but hey, to each his own. Personally, the thing that bothers me is this- why is so much of this movie so bright? I don't know about you guys but I was expecting at least a dark tone and lighting scheme at least for the Terminator future. All of this just looks like Transformers in a desert. The thing that stood out most about James Cameron's vision of the future was that dark tone and the fact that all the scenes seemed to be taking place at night. At least, that's how I feel.

Basically, this looks like your standard PG-13 action film, only with Christian Bale and Terminators involved. It could be fun but it also could be a distaster. Watch the trailer below.



Source: Trailer Addict

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude this looks awesome cant wait harvester will definitely tide us over until revenge of the fallen less than a month later "devils hands have been busy" best line of '09 hands down dirt bike flying in the air too sweet for words common will be best action brother in a movie ever hope he gets nod at awards season too bright? looks just right in my opinion colors show mood and character development always heres to may22

call me mbayfan01

Jason said...

I agree Wes. It was just kind of a meh trailer. And I think after Bale as Batman, his voice will never sound like anything else ever again. The Batman voice is subconsciously branded into the human psyche now.

Anyway, I have no qualms either way about Salvation. Which, I think, is the best way to feel going into a potential disaster such as this.

Also mbayfan01, "mbay," as in Michael Bay?