Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from YDKS Movies

Me and my new baby boy around 7 this morning.

Hey everyone and Merry Christmas. I hope that you all are having a great day.

I had a little surprise this morning. For some reason my parents went out and bought me a Blu-ray player and a new 40 inch HDTV for Christmas despite that I never asked for either. Sure, I had joked about them getting me one and I had talked about the possibility of me purchasing one with my own money but I never asked for it. Still, they got me one. I don't get it. They're weird like that. Then, they act like I forced them to get it and talk about how we're going to lose our house, times are tough, etc. I hate spending money and definitely hate it when people go out and spend a lot of money on me (because I don't think it's necessary) so I never ask for anything expensive. Still, they randomly go and do things like this.

I guess it's because they're f-ing awesome and kind of insane. I need to remember to do stuff like this for my kids. 

Today has been kind of intense though. We've had to move out the old front room TV, the old DVD player and the old surround sound system. In the process, I've seen more dust than I've ever seen in my life. Considering that I'm OCD, I've basically lost my mind. Plus, I've been sick since last Saturday so I've been coughing up a lung as all the dust has been building up in the front room. However, everything is all set up now and, although we don't have any Blu-rays yet (trading in my new Dark Knight and Hellboy II: The Golden Army DVDs for Blu-ray versions tomorrow), regular DVDs look pretty awesome on the player. 

I'm just praying the thing doesn't break. You have to understand, I have terrible luck with technology.

Anyways, hope you all have a great day and that you got some cool new toys. 

0 comments: