Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weaver and Scott Reminisce on the Good Old Alien-Filled Days


Speaking of reminiscence, I know it has been an awfully long time since the good old days when I used to post more than twice a month. I hope you readers will forgive me. I have many excuses. But, I will digress and just say that even though I have been letting my schedule get in the way, I will break through that cluttered barrier and henceforth consistently bring you movie news worth reading. And speaking of promises, I did promise to do some of The Office coverage as well. In time my faithful ones; in time. I would also like to apologize to Wesley, and publicly thank and praise him for all of his hard work in keeping the site afloat.


That being said, lets talk about this interesting little piece of playful banter that is being kicked around the blogosphere. MTV always gets the best interviews. Their TV shows may be just rotting filth and garbage, but gosh darn do I love a good MTV movie interview.

In a recent interview, Sigourney Weaver had this to say in regards to Ripley's character in a continuation of the Alien Franchise:

“Both of us feel a kind of commitment to that woman. [Ridley's] as much responsible for who she is as I am. What we’re interested in is taking the character of Ripley and seeing what other science fiction story we can tell about someone who has lived several lives.”






She also had this to say about the Black Queen herself:

“We’d have to go back to the drawing board on [the alien]. Ridley said that right away when we first talked about [a fifth film]. [Is] there unchartered territory for a creature who’s become somewhat debased by this computer generated thing? I haven’t seen ["Alien Vs. Predator"] but I just think if you overexpose the creature, that’s a mistake.”

When I was reading this earlier, I was totally geeking out. I mean, a fifth Alien (just Alien) feature with the people who originally and masterfully told the tale; it is just too good to be true. That was until I read just how old and busy all of them are. Weaver is almost 60, Scott is 71 with an outrageous number of projects in the works, and James Cameron has stopped deep sea diving only to resurface and redefine the 3-D genre.

In my humble opinion, count this as nothing more than fun "what-if" ideas in reference to better times.


Source: MTV via JoBlo

1 comments:

Wesley said...

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that this movie will never, ever happen. After all, Ridley Scott's too busy with his Monopoly movie. But it is wishful thinking.