Monday, December 15, 2008

Speech of the Week #21

Hey guys, welcome to a column here on YDKS Movies entitled Speech of the Week! For now on, every Monday I will post a new scene from a movie that features a speech of some sort being given. After all, there are a lot of famous scenes in film where characters give an influential speech of some sort. Then again, there are also a lot of scenes where characters give a speech and it just comes off cheesy and lame. In this section, you will see both kinds. That's right, people, I'm giving you the good and bad of film speeches all wrapped up in one great big package. I hope you all enjoy.

Since The Dark Knight came out on DVD last night, I decided that this week's Speech of the Week could celebrate that. This is the second of Joker's scar stories (I posted the first one for Speech of the Week #10) and it's probably my favorite of the two. Heath Ledger is pretty incredible but that's all been said many times before. Enjoy it below and be sure to go out and buy the movie if you haven't already.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Very appropriate my friend! I like the second one the best as well.

movie_fan225 said...

Very nice. Well done, friend. I might have jumped the gun on my last "Post of the Week" comment. I was grumpy that day... in my defense.