Monday, October 6, 2008

Monster Fest Video of the Day #1

Since it is Monster Fest here at YDKS Movies throughout the rest of the month of October, I figured I would try and start a new daily article (school work pending, of course) that features movie clips from various horror films. After all, what better way to celebrate Monster Fest than to watch video clips of cinema's greatest monsters?


Today's clip comes from cult film favorite The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I'll be honest- the first time I saw this movie I absolutely hated it. Being from Tobe Hopper (the director of the original TCM), I was expecting a film on the same caliber and tone of the first film. So when I got this bizarre, tonge-in-cheek, gore-filled horror-comedy... well, I wasn't sure what to do.

As time has passed, I have come to appreciate the film more and more but I still have a lot of problems with it: Chop-Top is still annoying, Leatherface being sexually frustrated is just awkward, Stretch's scream is worse than listening to someone's finger nails on a chalk board, etc. Still, there are some good things to it, mainly Dennis Hopper running around with a chainsaw, yelling that he is the "Lord of the Harvest." Yeah, that's pretty awesome.

Anyways, one of my favorite parts of the film is from the very beginning when those two overly annoying teenagers get their due at the hands of Leatherface. The sequence is absolutely ridiculous in its nature and takes place on a basically never ending bridge. It also features one guy's head getting cut in half and blood squirting out of it like it would out of a fountain. Yeah, it's really silly but, for some reason, it's kind of funny.


Obviously, this is a NSFW clip. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I have never seen TCM 2, and after that video, I may see it sooner rather than later. And you weren't kidding when you said it took place on a never ending bridge. Good, hilarious clip.

Wesley said...

I can't really recommend it full heartedly. I has some hilarious moments but, for the most part, it's really obnoxious to watch. I do have it on DVD though.