Thursday, October 9, 2008

Monster Fest Video of the Day #4

Since it is Monster Fest here at YDKS Movies throughout the rest of the month of October, I figured I would try and start a new daily article (school work pending, of course) that features movie clips from various horror films. After all, what better way to celebrate Monster Fest than to watch video clips of cinema's greatest monsters?

Today's clip is example of some of the greatest special effects that I have ever seen employed in a movie ever.

The first time I saw An American Werewolf in London, I was way too young to be seeing it. There was some cheesy werewolf movie on TV one morning (yeah, not sure why it was on in the morning) and my dad walked in and said that that was nothing. He then went out and rented An American Werewolf in London and forced me to watch it. I was pretty much traumatized.

Years passed and, as I got older, I decided to give the film another shot. I absolutely loved it. It was scary, gory and insanely funny. You really cared about the characters and their situation. At the same time, you didn't feel bad about laughing about the whole thing. 

The film also had some of, if not the greatest, physical special makeup effects that I've ever seen. Anyone who has ever seen this movie will always talk about the transformation scene when ever the film is first brought up. It's only two and half minutes long but it's so good that it got special effects makeup artist Rick Baker an Oscar. It was well deserved.

This is the kind of video that really sums up Monster Fest for me. If you've never seen it, be sure to check it out. It is a classic.


0 comments: