Sunday, October 5, 2008

YDKS Monster Fest 2008 is Here

Click to enlarge.

Anyone who remotely knows me knows that Halloween is not only my favorite holiday but it is my favorite time of the year. How could you not love the month of October? It's starting to get cold outside, the leaves are starting to fall and it's the best time of the year to put a horror film into your DVD player and stuff yourself with lots and lots of candy. Man, I love October and Halloween. Anyone who is against this holiday or who doesn't get joy out of celebrating it (whether that be through watching horror films while eating candy, trick or treating, or scaring the crap out of little kids on the porch) needs to be shot (side note- you hear that Shawreth officers, I'm still very pissed). 

Anyways, due to it being October, I figured we should do something a little special to celebrate this great time of year at YDKS Movies. So I'm proud to announce that the rest of this month will be Monster Fest 2008. Over the next month, you can be sure to find reviews of my favorite horror movies (and maybe some bad ones), some possible video reviews (something I'm still working on), a couple of horror film / Halloween related countdowns and lists, and much more. 

Austin went and made the poster artwork above for the event above. Be sure to click on it to view it in its full glory. Austin is also working on a new banner for the event as well. Be sure to look out for that in the coming days.

So keep checking for horror / Halloween related articles through out the month and help us celebrate YDKS Monster Fest 2008

0 comments: