Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Monster Fest Video of the Day #2

Since it is Monster Fest here at YDKS Movies throughout the rest of the month of October, I figured I would try and start a new daily article (school work pending, of course) that features movie clips from various horror films. After all, what better way to celebrate Monster Fest than to watch video clips of cinema's greatest monsters?


Today's video is basically a monster mash of the greatest kind. Yep, it's the Frankenstein monster versus the Wolfman. I have Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman on a VHS somewhere in my house but, to be honest, this is the only scene I can remember. After all, what does one want to see when they go and see a movie called Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman? They want to see the two of them kick the living (or undead if you want to be technical about it) crap out of each other.

This movie is awesome because it predates all the "versus" films we got in the horror genre in the past few years (Freddy vs. Jason, Alien vs. Predator) by forty years. It's also great because it's the Frankenstein monster fighting the Wolfman. How could you not like that? Watching this kind of stuff really makes me feel like a kid again. I was always a big fan of the classic Universal monster movies and this clip really manages to capture the gothic and nostalgic feel that was so prevalent in all of them.

Obviously, the creator of the video cut out some of the stuff in between the fighting... but I'm okay with that. As I stated above, the only reason that anyone ever saw this movie was to see these two go at it. To be honest, there's nothing really special about their fight- all they really do is throw each other around and jump off stuff onto each other. Still... it's the Frankenstein monster fighting the Wolfman. That alone makes it cool. Watch it now.



Yes, that was very satisfying. I really like the ending with that huge wave of water coming down on them. That was pretty awesome.

0 comments: