Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Watchmen Ending Not Changed?

Despite all the confirmation I got on the ending of Watchmen being changed last week from its original graphic novel ending, it turns out that that may not actually be the case.


According to ComicBookMovie.com (the site where I originally got the leaked test screening reports) and my reliable friend Jeff, the Portland test screening of Watchmen was actually a test of fan tolerance to a more mainstream ending. Apparently, people hand selected to attend the screening were not chosen randomly. Despite saying that it was a secret "blind" screening for people not familiar with the comic, it was the opposite. The ending from the graphic novel has been supposedly been filmed and the special effects for a certain something in it have been completed (notice how I'm being clever to avoid spoilers here?). 

So, hopefully, they will go with the original graphic novel ending in the final theatrical cut. It is at least assuring to know that it has supposedly been filmed and will at least be featured in a director's cut DVD. But, honestly, they should put it in the theatrical cut. After all, that's the way Watchmen ends. So, that's the way the movie should end as well. Plus, I just really, really want to see it on the big screen. Bad

So, if you're testing for fan tolerance Warner Bros., well, you know my answer. That announcement last week basically ruined my week. Stop f-ing with me and give me my original ending. 

Really, I'm sick of caring about this so much. 

Source: ComicBookMovie.com , Jeff (Note: These links have spoilers in them; be warned)

0 comments: