Sunday, August 10, 2008

George Lucas is a Sadist

George Lucas recently did an interview with Newsweek in which he discussed a possible sequel for the Indiana Jones series. Of course, it's not going to have anything to do with Indiana Jones and, of course, it's going to revolve around an absolutely retarded idea.


"When they asked about the future of the franchise, Lucas told them that he has no plans of turning it over to Shia LaBeouf's character Mutt Williams, as some thought might happen:  "He is Indiana Jones," Lucas said of (Harrison) Ford. "If Indiana Jones wasn't in it, you'd have to call it 'Mutt Williams and the search for Elvis.' ... "Yeah, it's 'Mutt Williams and the Search for Elvis."

But wait... he's not done just yet.

"The franchise really depends on me coming up with a good idea," Lucas said. "And that series is very research-intensive. So we're doing research now to see if we can't come up with another object for him to chase ... hopefully we'll come up with something."

Yeah George and you've really come up with some great ideas over the past few years. I mean some real winners, man. You know, like the plot of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. You know, that one Indiana Jones movie where there's aliens, a Russian psychic, and Shia LaBeouf playing Tarzan with a bunch of CGI monkeys. That was a hell of an idea there, George.

Well, I guess it is refreshing that a Mutt Williams film will be completely separate from the Indiana Jones series. However, "Mutt Williams and the Search for Elvis?" Some people on the Internet think Lucas may have been joking here but, then again, watch Episode I again and you could say the same thing about that. I guess it's not that big of a deal as no one really even cares about the Mutt Williams character anyway but just the fact that it is Indiana Jones' kid and the fact that he came out of the Indiana Jones series makes it slightly insulting. The search for Elvis? Well, I guess that isn't as ridiculous as those magnetic, CGI aliens from the last movie. Sure, go for it, George.

Still, that last quote kills me. I've already addressed the whole "good idea" section but just the fact that there is a chance for another Indiana Jones movie kills me. Please stop. I was able to enjoy some sections of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull but, for the most part, it was one of the silliest movies that I've ever seen. I have a feeling that anything else that we get from George regarding this character will be nothing less than toxic. 

Really, we're good, George. We don't need anymore. It's all good. Really, I mean it.

Source: Filmdrunk

2 comments:

Jason said...

George Lucas is a D-Bag.

Daniel said...

yes jason he is and in my dictionary George Lucas= Gay