Sunday, August 10, 2008

Watch My New Movie: Beating Tyson



So, I finally got my new movie filmed, edited, and put on YouTube for your viewing pleasure. It is a mockumentary about two brothers attempting to do the impossible: beat Mike Tyson in the NES classic Mike Tyson's Punch-out! It is the first film that I've filmed with my HD camera and the image is pretty beautiful. Unfortunately, streaming the video does suck a lot of the HD quality out of it but, unlike some of my other non-HD streamed projects, this video is still very presentable in streaming quality (it looks best though if you leave it small). 


If you haven't played Mike Tyson's Punch-out or seen movies such as Raging Bull or Rocky, then you probably won't get half of the jokes. Still, go ahead and watch the thing. After all, I put a lot of time into it. 

There is one joke that doesn't work due to the streaming quality. Because of that I've put a still of that joke above. If you watch the film, you should see where it goes. If you still don't get the joke, well, too bad (it's pretty obscure unless you are a gamer). 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the new movie. It was a lot harder to make than I thought it would be. Be sure to go to it's YouTube page here after viewing it and give it a rating and comment if you have the time (preferably of the positive nature). I would appreciate it.

6 comments:

Preston said...

excellent.

And surely you know about Vimeo.com? [HD Streaming]

Wesley said...

I did not know about that. I'm be sure to try and get it uploaded in HD tomorrow.

movie_fan225 said...

I'm back. Finally.
The video was amazing. Just wish it had been longer. But it was of beautiful quality, that's for sure.

Wesley said...

Well if I ever get this thing compressed down to 1280 x 720 you'll get to see how truly beautiful the image is in HD on the web. It looks like it's gonna take a while.

Jason said...

One of your best. Julian was hilarious and I loved the Day of the Fight Montage. It was perfect!

Daniel said...

wesley the world needs more movie makers like yourself i enjoyed this very much