Monday, August 11, 2008

In Lieu of Lucas Being a Sadist: My Faith Restored


Wesley has posted a recent article bringing to light some very good reasons why George Lucas is a Sadist. Lucas may very well be remembered for being the man that shaped millions of childhoods only to subsequently destroy them when the technology became available 20 and 30 years later. As I daily pick the petals off of flowers in an attempt to determine whether I love the Prequels or Indy 4, I am constantly reminded of the awesomeness that each contain even though their full potential was never realized. This happened back when Genndy Tartakovsky created The Clone Wars for Cartoon Network (Starting to think the new Clone Wars movie will not have to same effect). The greatness and pure execution of that cartoon, made me look forward to watching the Prequels over and over again. It is things like this that give me hope and keep me holding on to my love for everything that has to do with each universe. And today I have found one more.

Over at Geeks of Doom, MajorJJH has posted and article outlining the 11 Reasons Why He Didn't Completely Hate the 'Star Wars' Prequels. It is an amazing list, and one that has since restored my motivation to re-watch the Prequels again.

2 comments:

Wesley said...

I still don't think there's any excuse for how bad the prequels ended up being. If they came out under a different name (other than Star Wars) they probably would have been box office failures and ripped to shreds more than they already were. While I enjoyed Episode III for the most part, I have a feeling that it was mostly due to the fact that the first two prequels were so bad. The story wasn't that strong, the acting was bad, and the GGI was depended on far too much and give the feeling of a world that could only exist in a video game.

Jason said...

I think we have talked extensively about the Prequels, and we both know where each other stand. They are very terrible movies with few redeeming qualities. But still part of the Star Wars Universe nonetheless, and the complete universe is still awesome.