Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm Going on Vacation... But My New Movie is Coming


Hey guys, sorry I haven't been able to update today. I've been hard at work trying to salvage / fix my newest film: Beating Tyson. This past summer I received an HD camera for my twenty-first birthday and, due to work and various other things, I have not been able to use it... until now. 


However, since I am just getting to know the camera, I haven't exactly mastered it yet. This is obvious because of the predicament that I am in right now. Yesterday, we finished shooting the movie in 24 fps, which is the most cinematical frame rate that one can shoot in. Unfortunately, little did I know that, because the frame rate is so fast, my computer cannot catch it all in the transferring process. Because of this, the footage is slightly faster than it should be and all the audio is delayed and unusable. 

I was basically on the verge of a breakdown last night as I came to realize that all of the day's footage was un-editable but, luckily, I've cooled down and figured out how to fix the problem. Basically, what we are doing right now is re-shooting all the dialogue scenes in 30 fps, which my computer can handle. All the action oriented scenes (there are a lot) that were filmed in 24 fps can stay the same as audio is not a factor in them. 

So that's what I've been doing today. I should have the movie done by early next week (if all goes well with re-shoots that is) and will post it on here. For those that are familiar with my film work, you should be able to tell by the stills I've posted on here that it is very different in tone and direction than any of my other projects. It's very slapstick, experimental, and spontaneous in nature. Honestly, it's turning out funnier than I thought it would but, considering it's basically one big inside joke, I can see a lot of people not getting it. If not, oh well, their loss.

The other reason for this post is that I am going out of town tomorrow and I will not be back until Friday. So, until then, Jason is in charge of picking up my slack. 

See you guys when I get back.

1 comments:

Jason said...

Hey man, I know this is a late comment, but I cannot wait for your new, geek-filled, movie. Also, did you get to go to IMAX?