Thursday, August 28, 2008

There Will Be a Facebook Movie

Yep.


According writer Aaron Sorkin, this is what's going on (note: he wrote this on his Facebook page... I mean, where else?):

I’ve just agreed to write a movie for Sony and producer Scott Rudin about how Facebook was invented. I figured a good first step in my preparation would be finding out what Facebook is, so I’ve started this page. (Actually it was started by my researcher, Ian Reichbach, because my grandmother has more Internet savvy than I do and she’s been dead for 33 years.

I honestly don’t know how this works, which is why I’m here. If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to answer them as best I can. If anyone has any comments I’m glad to listen. And if anyone has any Facebook stories I think they might be helpful.





I would try to say something clever here... but I got nothing. I mean, everyone on the web knows that this is a dumb idea and has been panning this story like there's no tomorrow already anyway. I just wanted to put it out there and let it stand. I'm just reporting, you know? After all, there is worse stuff out there. You know, they're making a Monopoly movie as well. Yeah, a Monopoly movie. 

Well... maybe that's not as bad as a Facebook movie but... ah whatever. I really don't care. I'm gonna go do some homework. You guys just take this news however you want to.

Source: Filmdrunk

0 comments: